||Pediatrics, General Hematology, Pediatric Hemato-Oncology
||• Prof. Amos Toren is the Director of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and BMT Department, certified in Pediatrics, General Hematology and Pediatric Hemato-Oncology. He is a Professor in the division of Hematology, Sackler School of Medicine Tel-Aviv University and served as the Head of this division for 2 terms. He also has a PhD degree in Genetics and qualified as a Master of Health Administration (MHA) at the Recannati Business School, Tel-Aviv .
• Main research areas:
1.T-CARS therapy for relapsed/reistant CD19 expressing leukemias and lymphomas
2. The effects of cannabinoids on pediatric tumors
3. Cytokine induced killer cells against pediatric tumors
4. Pediatric brain tumors research
• The Pediatric Hemato-Oncology Department of the Sheba Medical Center is the leading center for treatment of childhood cancers in Israel. The department includes the Pediatric Oncology Outpatient Clinic and Day Care Unit, the Inpatient Ward and the Bone Marrow Transplantation Unit. Though the primary focus is children, the department also treats young adults (till the age of 30) with solid tumors that are more typical of the pediatric age group.
• This is the leading research center in childhood cancer in Israel, with strong collaborative connections with some of the major centers of Pediatric Oncology in Europe and the USA, including St. Anna Children’s Hospital in Austria, the Pediatric Oncology Branch in the National Cancer Institute, NIH and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Conditions and treatment
• pediatric oncology
• hematological diseases
• immune deficiencies
• inborn errors of metabolism
• bone marrow failure
• chronic blood disorders
• stem cell transplantation
• bone marrow transplantation
||• Director of the Pediatric Hemato-Oncology and BMT Department.
• Prof. of Hematology, the Sackler School of Medicine, TAU, Hematology Division
• Member of: The Israeli Pediatric Society, The Israeli Society of Hematology, The Israeli Society of Pediatric Hematology-Oncology (ISPHO), The European Society of Pediatric Hematology (ESPHI), The European Group for Blood and Marrow Transplantation (EBMT), The American Society of Hematology (ASH), The children Oncology Group (COG), The Center for international Blood and Marrow transplant research (CIBMTR)
• Member of the Ministry of Health Cord Blood Committee.