||• Doctor Zion Zibly is a Senior Physician at the Department of Neurosurgery at the Sheba Medicla Center. He is a MD graduate of the Technion’s Faculty of Medicine in Haifa, Israel and a renowned specialist in neurosurgery.
• Following his residency in neurosurgery at Sheba, Dr. Zibly has had an extensive experience in treating of benign and malignant tumors of the brain and spinal cord in one of the leading centers for treatment and research in this field (National Institutes of Health, US). Additionaly he practiced in functional and stereotactic neurosurgery at the Ohio State University, US. During his fellowship and over the course of his career Dr. Zibly has taken part in and performed hundreds of complex surgeries in cases of brain malignancies, Parkinson’s, tremor and dystonia.
• Dr. Zibly has taken part in many studies and was a member of the surgical team which has performed the first brain stimulator for Alzheimer patients in USA. He participates in numerous neurology studies and has had his work published in several scientific journals. Dr. Zibly is an active member in various academic societies, including the North American Association of Functional Neurosurgery and the Israeli Neurosurgical Society.
• Dr. Zibly specializes in implantation of electrostimulators for patients with essential tremor, Parkinson’s and dystonia (deep brain stimulation), surgical treatment of neurological pain and oncological neurosurgery: treatment of brain and spinal cord benign and malignant tumors.
• He was awarded top 10 of interns at the Sheba Medical Center, and Focus Ultrasound Foundation research fellow grant.
Conditions and treatment
• surgical neuro oncology
• stereotactic neurosurgery
• functional neurosurgery
• focus ultrasound
• oncological neurosurgery
• brain tumors
• spinal cord tumors
• neurological pain
• essential tremor